1. Except in the case of the 21-day vacation granted as a terminal benefit on completion of the service, leave is a privilege granted at the discretio
1. Except in the case of the 21-day vacation granted as a terminal benefit on completion of the service, leave is a privilege granted at the discretion of the Director-General in accordance with the leave scales laid down by the National Directorate Headquarters from time to time.
2. Except in the case of vacation leave, total number of days that can be granted leave, for whatever reason, shall not exceed 14 days in any service year.
3. Leave of absence shall not be granted to enable a member to travel outside, except by the Director-General
4. Subject to the exigencies of the service, a member may be recalled from his leave at short notice.
5. Leave of absence shall begin on the day specified in the letter approving such leave and the member is required to rejoin his post on the day the leave expires
6. On rejoining the post from leave, it shall be the duty of each member to acquaint himself with all instructions issued during his absence.
7. Where a member on leave requires medical attention, he shall report to a Military or Government Hospital and shall be treated on production of his identity card.
8. Where, in the absence of the facilities referred to in sub-paragraph (g) above, a member is compelled to avail himself of the services of a private medical practitioner, he shall be responsible, in the first instance, for the fees payable and shall obtain a receipt thereof as well as a medical report from a Military or Government Hospital.
9. If the circumstances are recognized as requiring such service, the National Directorate Headquarters may authorize a refund to such a member at such rates as the Director-General considers fair and reasonable.
10. A member who has availed himself of the facilities in sub-paragraph (h) and (i) above must tender a medical report or discharge certificate on disposal of the case as evidence to return to his post.
11. Any payment made to a chemist for treatment rendered to a member while on leave may only be refunded by the State Coordinator, where there is no Hospital in the area, at such rates as the State Coordinator considers fair and reasonable
12. Where a member is admitted into Hospital during his leave, it shall be his duty to notify his State Coordinator
Source: NYSC Bye law