Court didn’t void sale of 9mobile — Official

GSM telecommunications service provider, 9mobile, on Thursday said that the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja did not nullify the sale of the

Presidency inspects N538m Ojutu bridge project in Osun
How I’m taking my mum’s business to the next level — Kwame
Son shines in the City as Spurs reach Champions League semi-final
. . . .

GSM telecommunications service provider, 9mobile, on Thursday said that the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja did not nullify the sale of the company to Teleology Nigeria Ltd.

9mobile9Mobile

The Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, 9mobile, Ore Olajide, said that online media reports that the Federal High Court, Abuja had nullified the sale were false.

He said that the court on April 1, 2019, made an order for parties to maintain status quo as at April 25, 2018, because as at the said date, EMTS (9mobile) was not a party to the suit before the court.

“The sale of 9mobile to Teleology Nigeria Limited has not been nullified.

“The court made an order to maintain status quo as at April 25, 2018, when 9mobile was not a party to the suit and we have appealed the ruling as well as seeking an injunction pending appeal at the Court of Appeal”.

“The action before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court is not about the sale of EMTS (9mobile) but rather, the transfer of the license even without locus standi, ” he said in a statement.

9mobile appoints new Chief Financial Officer

Olajide urged all subscribers and all stakeholders of 9mobile to remain calm as matters were under control.

He noted that the team of legal counsel were doing everything in their power to put everything in order.

Olajide said that 9mobile remained focused on providing best in class telecommunication services to its subscribers and would provide necessary updates in due course.

Journalists report that the Federal High Court in Abuja had earlier warned the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the Nigerian Telecommunication Commission (NCC) and others involved in the transaction for the sale of troubled telecom firm, Etisalat (9mobile) against taking further steps to conclude the sale.

The warning was informed by claim by some aggrieved investors that despite a subsisting order of the court, made on October 10, 201,8 by Justice Binta Nyako, barring parties to the transaction from taking further steps pending the determination of the suit, the CBN, First Bank and others have allegedly sold the firm and transferred its ownership .(NAN)

Source

. . . ..
***Click Here To Register SG-Income With Just #1500 ***

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 2
  • comment-avatar

    They want to sell again?
    Nawa o

  • comment-avatar

    It is better to expel it finally.

  • DISQUS: 0